Tan Sri Dato Seri Vincent Tan's Private Businesses
Berjaya Assets Berhad
Its wholly-owned subsidiary, Berjaya Times Square Sdn Bhd operates a shopping mall, Berjaya Times Square, an inner-city shopping-cum-leisure mall in Kuala Lumpur’s Golden Triangle. Occupying a built-up area of approximately 7.5 million square feet on a 10-acre land, Berjaya Time Square comprises a 12-level shopping mall and two 46-storey towers of service suites.
The shopping mall area which measures approximately 3.5 million square feet, houses, a supermarket, an IT centre, 700 retail outlets and an indoor theme park.
Visit Berjaya Assets Berhad
Natural Avenue Sdn Bhd
The company started operations in August 1995 upon the issuance of licence to Sarawak Turf & Equestrian Club under the Pool Betting Act 1967 to conduct the 1+3D Big / Small, 3D Big and 3D Small “A” and “B” Series games.
The principal activities of the Company with its Head Office at Jalan Pending, Kuching are the operation, promotion and management of the games. The Company has a ticketing agency network established through its gaming outlets in the whole state of Sarawak. In order to ensure smooth operation of the Company, Regional Offices were set up in Kuching, Sibu and Miri.
A special Draw Hall is housed at the Kuching Regional Office, located at Centraland Commercial Park, Jalan Rock, Kuching, to conduct all the draws.
Berjaya Media Berhad
Having a weekday distribution of 300,512 copies, today theSun is still the largest circulated urban English language newspaper in Malaysia. We appeal to all segments of the market, particularly to professionals who are hard-pressed for time and always on the go, as well as to young trendy urbanites.
With theSun’s strong editorial content, it stays true to its motto - Telling It As It Is; the un-spun news and timely news features, on politics and business, human interest and governance, entertainment and lifestyle, and sports presented in an easy-to-read compact and concise format, has garnered theSun a strong and growing reach, making it a perfect platform for advertisers.
theSun's brand appeal remains the mainstay through its well-thought out and articulated points-of-view found in the often-quoted leader pages and opinion columns. This potent editorial mix has proven theSun’s excellence in journalism which resulted in it winning numerous awards.
Helping advertising practitioners develop and execute engaging advertising campaigns makes theSun the preferred choice among media agencies and clients. The dynamic approach to fresh ideas coupled with theSun’s editorial team, positions the newspaper at the fore-front, pro-actively collaborating with advertisers to deliver effective advertising messages to the masses.
theSun has an online presence at www.thesundaily.my where top news of the day is constantly updated and presented to our readers. This news mix of original content and commentary is supported by email newsletter blasts and SMS alerts on a daily basis. Our newly launched website has an audience of more than 300,000 unique visitors, who regularly seek current news updates as well as logging in to their favourite columnists’ articles which are posted online.
theSun is Malaysia’s No. 1 urban newspaper.
Visit Berjaya Media Berhad
7-Eleven Malaysia Berhad
Being an established global brand name with operations in over 16 countries, 7-Eleven, together with its global licensees, franchisees and affiliates operate over 37,000 stores worldwide.
7-Eleven Malaysia aspires to be the preferred neighborhood convenience store, ensuring total customer satisfaction through fresh, innovative products and services that meet ever changing lifestyles.
Singer (Malaysia) Berhad
SINGER has broadened its product range to include motorcycles, home appliances, audio-visual products, furniture and home improvement products and offers easy payment schemes that suit different customers’ preferences.
Intan Utilities Berhad
Intan holds a 40.08% stake in Berjaya Infrastructure Sdn Bhd ("BISB"), the holding company for Metropolitan Utilities Corporation Sdn Bhd and Air Utara Indah Sdn Bhd which are involved in the operations, maintenance and management of water treatment plants and the supply of potable water to the concession areas in the State of Perak and Kedah respectively.
For overseas water projects, BISB also owns 80% interest in a Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) concession in the Regency of Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia and 100% interest in two water concessions in Qing Yuan County, Guangdong, China.
U Mobile Sdn Bhd
In March 2010, Singapore Technologies Telemedia (ST Telemedia), a leading information-communications company with operations globally concluded the deal with U Television Sdn Bhd (UTV), the major shareholder of U Mobile Sdn Bhd (U Mobile) at that time for the acquisition of a 33% stake in U Mobile. Its partnership with ST Telemedia indirectly allows U Mobile to tap into their expertise, fully utilizing its 3G experience which will present an edge in a market that is growing increasingly competitive.
U Mobile was the first telecommunication company to deploy the fastest internet connection in Malaysia following the call of the Ministry of Information, Communications and Culture of Malaysia to support the Government’s national agenda of providing constantly-improving broadband access to the diverse communities of Malaysia, when it launched the 42 mbps Broadband network utilizing its Dual-Cell HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) connections in October 2010.
In the beginning of 2011, U Mobile underwent a “Simply Different” brand refresh exercise with an aim to make a difference in today’s telecommunication industry by offering fast, flexible, affordable and more focused communication plans to consumers and enterprise customers.
For more information, please visit www.u.com.my.
MOL Global PTE. Ltd. (MOL Global)
MOL AccessPortal Sdn Berhad (MOL)
Friendster Inc. (Friendster)
MOL AccessPortal Sdn Berhad (MOL)
Friendster Inc. (Friendster)
MOL has been operating and developing payment systems since 2000. MOL handles over 60 million transactions annually with an annual payment volume of over USD300 million. MOL leverages on a network of more than 600,000 physical and online payment channels. MOL is linked to 88 online banks in 9 countries worldwide.
MOL is recognized as one of Asia Pacific’s fastest growing technology companies in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific Awards for 2005 and 2006 and has won a Merit Award for the Best of E- Commerce Applications in MSC Asia Pacific ICT Awards. MOL received the Member Excellence Award at the PIKOM ICT Leadership Award 2009 and is a Microsoft Certified Partner. In 2010, MOL ranked 23rd in the Deloitte Fast 500 Companies of Asia Pacific 2010, becoming South Easy Asia’s fastest growing internet company.
Founded in 2002, Friendster is the world’s pioneer social networking site with more than 115 million registered members. Acquired by MOL Global in December 2009, Friendster is one of the best sites that allow people to create avatars, discover new worlds, enjoy games and meet new people. Friendster prides itself in delivering an easy-to-use, friendly and interactive environment where users can easily connect with others via www. friendster.com
The key payment products of the group are:-
- MOLPoints - an internet wallet with which you can purchase online game credits and other content and services without a credit card.
- MOLReloads - MOL Reloads is an application that facilitates electronic distribution of prepaid airtime through terminal-based infrastructure for MOLPoints and external prepaid service providers.
- MOLPay - MOLPay is a secured payment solution developed by MOL AccessPortal Sdn Berhad for MOL members. This system enables small enterprises such as online-shop blogs to securely transmit funds from the buyer to the seller via payment at online and physical channels.
- MOLCards - MOLCards is a prepaid payment card which has the features of a credit card with prepaid convenience that can be loaded through MOLPoints reload channels
- Friendster.com - Friendster is a leading global online gaming social network. Friendster is focused on helping people stay in touch with friends and discover new people and things that are important to them. Friendster builds upon the community and social nature of games to deliver an exciting new way to engage and have fun.
- Friendster iCafé - is a cybercafé management system; integrating cybercafe's computers, customers, accountings and billing needs into one thus enabling cybercafé owner to manage the cybercafés with convenience.
- Friendster Hotspot - empowers retail outlets with a free Wifi infrastructure for their consumers funded by advertising. Retailers benefit from having zero capital investment in costly internet connection and Wifi infrastructure, while advertisers gain optimum exposure by sponsoring the advertising space.
MOL.com Berhad, one of Money Online’s major shareholders, has investments in other internet-related companies, including:
- Qinetics Solutions Bhd*, involved in the provision of internet domain name registration, management and system development and provision of web and IT solutions to both Service Provider and Enterprise customers. More details at www.qinectics.net and www.webnic.cc
- Forum Digital Sdn Bhd*, involved in internet Business to Customer ("B2C") commerce portal that offers Group Buying services with great discounts for lifestyle products and services, www.jackcow.com
- 3ntity Berhad*, involved in developed and provision of e-commerce and software solutions and services. More details at www.3ntity.com
- WOFS.com Sdn Bhd, involved in trading and consultancy of Chinese Geomacy (feng shui) and related service via www.wofs.com
* MSC Malaysia status company
Berjaya RadioShack Sdn Bhd
Berjaya Retail (Cayman) Limited which is the franchise developer is expected to open at least 1,000 franchise locations across the ASEAN region within the first 10 years. It’s subsidiary, Berjaya RS Sdn Bhd expects to open its first RadioShack store in Kuala Lumpur later this year.
RadioShack’s retail network includes approximately 4,700 company-operated stores in the United States and Mexico, 1,500 wireless phone centers in the United States and more than 1,100 dealer and franchise locations worldwide.